Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistAsheville, NC
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Dennis R. Campbell, DDS strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Dennis R. Campbell, DDS spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Dennis R. Campbell, DDS can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together we can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Asheville
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
An experienced dentist for kids can deal with dental emergencies. Kids are prone to these dental problems. For such crises, a pediatric dentist knows how to calm down and help young patients. Here are the details on how a dentist for kids can help with dental emergencies.Apply pressure with a bandage or clean cloth. Make…
A kids special needs dentist is a dental professional that focuses their efforts on providing dental care to children who have special needs. Generally speaking, their goal is the same as any other dentist, which is to help individuals maintain healthy teeth and gums. However, in the case of special needs children, there is a…
If you ask a children's dentist what the most common oral care routines are, they will probably mention flossing and brushing. However, getting kids to clean their teeth can sometimes be a hassle. If parents can explain the importance to them, they might be more keen to do so.The following are reasons that children need…
Dental sealants for kids are an important part of a child's oral health care routine. They can help protect teeth from cavities and decay, but many parents are unaware of the benefits associated with sealants. This blog post will discuss the benefits of dental sealants for kids and why they should be part of your…