Helpful Dental InformationAsheville, NC
At Dennis R. Campbell, DDS, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Asheville, NC patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (828) 417-3828.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dennis R. Campbell, DDS, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Dennis R. Campbell, DDS, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Asheville office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Dennis R. Campbell, DDS, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Asheville
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Wondering whether your child will benefit from pediatric dentistry services? It is essential for parents to make the right choice of dentist for their children, as taking care of a child’s dental health is just as important as taking care of an adult’s dental health. The health of a child’s first set of teeth helps…
A pediatric dental emergency can arise unexpectedly as a result of a fall or other sudden injury. Other situations might be caused by tooth decay or infection. These emergencies can be frightening for both children and parents, especially if a tooth is broken or knocked out entirely. Knowing how to react in the wake of…
Pedodontics is a specialty focused on diagnosing and treating children’s dental issues. A pediatric dentist works with children starting in infancy through young adulthood. The pediatric dentist helps children achieve and maintain good oral health. Learn more about pediatric dentistry to understand why it is important for your child’s oral health.Children usually begin getting primary…
When you have little children, trips to the emergency room are common because their immune systems are not as developed, making them more susceptible to diseases, and the same applies to their oral care — especially if your child’s teeth are still growing — which means you should have an emergency pediatric dentist on speed…