Helpful Dental InformationAsheville, NC
At Dennis R. Campbell, DDS, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Asheville, NC patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (828) 417-3828.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dennis R. Campbell, DDS, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Dennis R. Campbell, DDS, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Asheville office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Dennis R. Campbell, DDS, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Asheville
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
You may know that bringing your child to the dentist twice a year is important, but you may be less sure about when to see an emergency pediatric dentist. Some dental complaints may be able to wait to be treated, but certain symptoms and signs indicate that emergency treatment is necessary. There are certain instances in…
The term baby dental crown may sound intimidating to parents. However, rest assured that pediatric dentists perform these restorative procedures carefully. Baby dental crowns are meant to achieve the same goal as traditional adult crowns. The key difference is that they are meant for baby teeth as opposed to adult teeth. Baby teeth are the first set…
Baby teeth are more important than many people realize, which is why doctors may recommend a stainless steel crown when a tooth has decay. These teeth do fall out, but before that happens, primary or baby teeth serve many functions. Baby teeth help in biting and chewing food and in proper speech development. Most children…
A pediatric dentist is a dental specialist who works with children from infancy through adolescence. A pediatric dentist is both an educator and a practitioner; therefore, they receive additional training outside of dentistry school to strengthen their knowledge of children’s emotional and developmental needs. They also receive child psychology training, allowing them to connect with…